Competition Terms & Conditions
AfriCamps at de Pakhuys Competition: 15 – 27 February 2023
Nature of prize: The winner of our AfriCamps at de Pakhuys, Cederberg competition will win a 2-nights’ stay at AfriCamps at de Pakhuys for up to five people. The prize includes a Cook-Your Own breakfast and braai basket for each guest, two bottles of Alpha Excelsior Wines in the tent on arrival, a complimentary wine tasting at Alpha Excelsior for each guest to enjoy during the stay, a sumptuous meal and hiking permits to experience the Sevilla Rock Art Trail at Travellers’ Rest Farm Stall and Restaurant for each guest. The prize will be valid for one year from the date of issue, excluding peak season dates. All prizes must be claimed during the 2-night stay period and need to be arranged with AfriCamps in advance.
Qualifying AfriCamps: The prize applies to AfriCamps at de Pakhuys, Cederberg only.
Competition date: The competition opens on Wednesday 15 February at 12:30 and closes on Monday, 27 February at 09:00 (SAST).
Steps to participate: To participate in this competition, you are required to do one of the following:
Facebook: Like and share our post, and tell us in the comments section who you will be bringing with you to enjoy AfriCamps at de Pakhuys, Cederberg. To gain an additional entry, entrants can follow the link displayed on the competition post and sign up for a 15% discount voucher to be used at AfriCamps at de Pakhuys. View the competition post.
Instagram: Like our Instagram post, and tell us in the comments section who you will be bringing with you to enjoy AfriCamps at de Pakhuys, Cederberg. To gain an additional entry, entrants can follow the link displayed in our bio and sign up for a 15% discount voucher to be used at AfriCamps at de Pakhuys. View the competition post.
Extra entry: Entrants are given the option of registering for 15% discount voucher, which also allows them an extra entry into the draw. Entrants are required to provide a name, surname and a valid email address that will be used by AfriCamps for the sole purpose of processing the potential discounted booking, and to add an extra entry into the competition draw. The 15% discount voucher applies at AfriCamps at de Pakhuys only will be valid for stays until 30 June 2023. The 15% discount voucher will be sent via email after registering. The option to sign up for the AfriCamps newsletter will be provided. View the discount sign-up page.
Selecting a winner: The winner will be selected by random draw. The additional entries are added to the social media entries. The draw will be overseen by an external auditor/attorney.
Announcing the winner: The winner will be contacted by AfriCamps Head Office on the 27th of February via the email address provided, or via the social media platform from which they entered. The winner will be announced on AfriCamps’ Facebook page by 12:00 on
Claiming your prize: The prize and booking instructions will be sent via email from the AfriCamps Head Office in Cape Town.
Standard Terms & Conditions for Competitions
1. These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions offered by AfriCamps and unless stated otherwise in the aforementioned competition-specific terms and conditions, apply to all competitions offered on this website and through AfriCamps’ social media channels. Competition-specific rules may apply in addition to these standard terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict between these standard terms and conditions and rules applicable to any specific competition, the competition-specific rules will apply. Competition offers will set out at least the following:
- nature of the prize(s) on offer;
- the camp(s) to which the prize(s) relates;
- the steps required to participate in the competition;
- the basis on which the winner(s) is determined;
- the closing date;
- how the winner(s) will be announced;
- where, when, and from whom the prize(s) are to be claimed;
- the address of the webpage(s) competition-specific rules and standard terms and conditions can be obtained.
2. By entering any competition offered on our website or social media platforms and/or the acceptance of a prize (if you are a prize winner of any specific competition) you agree to accept the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share the prize (e.g. any person benefiting from a free night’s stay at AfriCamps).
3. All competitions offered on our website or our social media platforms are open to South African residents and international guests unless stated otherwise. We may require additional entry criteria for any specific competition (e.g. previous AfriCamps guest) and reserve the right to refuse entry if an entrant fails to meet such criteria.
4. The following persons are not eligible to enter any specific competition offered on our website or social media platforms:
- directors, employees, agents, suppliers, or shareholders of AfriCamps;
- directors, employees, agents, suppliers, or shareholders of any organisation in connection with any specific competition; or
- family members or person with family relations to any of the aforesaid.
5. Any personal information collected by AfriCamps will be used to announce competitions, promotions, the opening of new camps, and for any other similar purpose. Any person is free to opt out at any point. No personal information collected by AfriCamps will be shared with third parties.
6. The closing date for any competition will be as stated. AfriCamps reserves the right to extend the closing date in the event of unforeseen circumstances outside of its control. AfriCamps does not accept responsibility for late entries. Any entry received after the closing date will be considered late, regardless of when such entry was sent.
7. The judge’s decision will be final. AfriCamps will not enter into correspondence.
8. AfriCamps reserves the right to use any material submitted for entry into any specific competition for marketing purposes without crediting the associated parties.
9. AfriCamps is not responsible for any costs or expenses incurred to enter any specific competition and/or your acceptance and use of the prize.
10. AfriCamps reserves the right to refuse to award a prize in any situation where doing so will be unlawful.
11. In any situation where a competition yields multiple winners, AfriCamps reserves the right to extend the competition or subject winners to a tie-break until an outright winner is decided.
12. Prizes may be re-allotted if we are unable to contact the selected winner(s). We will notify prize winners using the contact details provided to us. For competitions on social media where a post constitutes an entry, we will contact the prize winner on that social media platform.
13. Prize winners must confirm acceptance of any prize. If a prize-winner fails to do so within 3 days of the initial notification, they will forfeit the prize. AfriCamps reserves the right to re-allot the prize to the runner-up, or to redraw a new winner under the same conditions.
14. Prizes are non-transferable in whole or in part. Prizes must be accepted as-is and may not be sold to a third party. Unless expressly stated otherwise, prizes may not be deferred, changed, or exchanged for cash or any cash alternative.
15. Prizes or vouchers do not apply over peak season. Peak season dates differ between camps and can be found on the specific camp page on our website.
16. In any situation where a prize becomes unavailable for reasons out of our control, AfriCamps reserves the right to select an alternative prize of equivalent type and value.
17. Where a prize winner does not hold a valid South African passport or has to travel to South Africa to use the prize, the winner(s) must have a valid passport, required visas, and any other relevant or required documentation.
18. Any competition offered on africamps.com or AfriCamps’ social media platforms is entered at your discretion and own risk. AfriCamps, our partners, shareholders, employees, and directors will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs, or injury of whatever nature, incurred as a result of your participation in a competition. The winner and those who benefit from the prize, are jointly and severally responsible for all loss and/or damage that arises, for AfriCamps, the camp in question, and/or any third party as a direct or an indirect consequence of their acceptance of a prize.
19. An independent accountant, registered auditor, attorney or advocate will oversee and certify the conducting of the competition.
Please note that standard booking terms and conditions apply and that you may be required to book a certain minimum number of nights depending on the location and season.