AfriCamps at Karoo 1, Hex Valley Opening Competition
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to the Africamps at Karoo 1 Opening Competition.
2. Please read these terms and conditions carefully and by participating in this competition, all participants irrevocably agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be solely interpreted by Africamps Routes (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “Africamps”).
3. Africamps may amend these terms and conditions at any time during the competition, by posting such amendments on their website (africamps.com).
4. The competition opens at 14h00 on Friday, 16 September 2022, and closes at 12h00 on Thursday, 29 September 2022. The competition winner will be announced on Friday, 30 September 2022.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must visit the competition landing page where a link to the entry form is provided, or access the entry form via a referral link.
6. The winner will be selected by random draw from the entries received via the entry form on the Africamps website (africamps.com). The winner will be contacted at the email address provided via the entry form and announced on Africamps’ Facebook and Instagram pages. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The competition may be terminated or extended at any time by Africamps. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive (give up) any rights they may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse of any kind against Africamps or its promotional agents.
8. To enter the competition, you must be 18 years old or older and live in South Africa (being a resident or a citizen). Directors and/or Members and/or Agents and/or Promoters and/or Consultants to Promoters and/or Employees and/or Contractors and/or Family members of any of the following companies are not eligible to enter or claim the prizes: Africamps, Buitengewoon Hot Tubs, and e-Rides.
9. Only one entry per email address is allowed unless bonus entries are earned.
10. Entrants can earn bonus entries by referring friends. Upon entering the competition, the entrant will be provided with a referral link that they may share to gain bonus entries. A bonus entry is earned when the friend enters the competition via the referral link. The referral link may be shared manually or via a variety of one-click actions allowing entrants to share the link to Facebook, Twitter, Messenger, and/or WhatsApp.
12. An independent accountant, registered auditor, attorney, or advocate will oversee and certify the conducting of the competition.
13. If the winner does not accept their prize within three days, the prize will be forfeited, and a new winner selected. It is the responsibility of the entrant to check their email following the closing date of the competition.
14. If the prize voucher is not redeemed and a booking is confirmed within 12 months, it will be forfeited.
15. The winner agrees to supply their ID number, a valid voucher number, a copy of the winning/congratulatory message if applicable, and any other validation procedure determined by Africamps, in order to claim the prize.
16. The prize is valued at R13 500 and includes a(n):
– Two-night stay for up to five guests in one tent at AfriCamps at Karoo 1, Hex Valley
– AfriCamps Cook-Your-Own breakfast basket for up to five guests delivered on one morning of the stay
– AfriCamps Cook-Your-Own braai basket for up to five guests delivered on one afternoon of the stay
– Full-day e-Rides by AfriCamps e-bike rental for up to five people
– Karoo 1 Hotel Village Brasserie and Bar voucher valued at R1 000
– Cape Union Mart voucher valued at R2 000
17. The prize excludes the following: additional meals, transport, activities, and extras.
18. The prize is not transferable nor can it be exchanged for cash.
19. All prizes and vouchers, excluding the Cape Union Mart voucher, must be redeemed during the two-night stay at AfriCamps at Karoo 1.
20. Any violation, attempt, and/or suspicion to violate any of these rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the participant.
20. Entrants’ indemnity Africamps or its respective affiliates for any loss or damage that it or its respective affiliates may suffer because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. Consequently, the Entrants agree to compensate Africamps or their respective affiliates for any loss or damage it suffered (including consequential damages and/or legal expenses incurred) because of the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions. The Entrants also agree to hold Africamps or their respective affiliates harmless for any claim made against it or their respective affiliates by third parties due to the Entrant’s breach of these terms and conditions.
21. The prize may not be awarded if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if Africamps detects and/or suspects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
22. All participants indemnity Africamps and any other company associated with the competition and its advertising agencies against any and all claims howsoever from their participation in this competition.
23. All participants further indemnify Africamps from any claim should this Competition be called off or extended for any reason beyond its reasonable control. Consequently, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against Africamps or any of its promotional agents.
24. If required, as a result of a change in legislation by the Minster of Trade and Industry or if the Competition is declared unlawful, Africamps reserves the right to terminate this competition immediately and without notice. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have accrued in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against Africamps or its promotional agents.
25. At the end of the competition, all of Africamps’ obligations with regard to the Competition as well as with regard to the prize shall cease to exist.
26. These terms and conditions are severable and are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.