The wait is finally over and the popular AfriCamps at Kam’Bati has reopened with stunning upgrades. We have installed outdoor wood-fired hot tubs next to each tent, we have extended our decks to create a spacious outdoor braai area, we have installed state-of-the-art braais on the decks, and made a few improvements to the tents’ interior including brand new solid wooden floors! Wouldn’t you love to try out our upgraded glamping tents? Here’s how you can WIN a free 2-night stay! *ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED* Congratuations to our winners Moira and Jeannie!
We want to give 2 lucky winners the chance to experience the relaunched AfriCamps at Kam’Bati with their friends or family. Each winner will receive a 2-night stay at AfriCamps at Kam’Bati for up to five people including a delicious breakfast basket for 5 and two bottles of Jakkalsvlei wine to enjoy (all to the value of R5500 each!). To win, all you need to do is to fill out the quick and easy form below, mention the friends you will be bringing in our Facebook post comments and share our Facebook post! (It’s almost too easy).
Read more about our AfriCamps at Kam’Bati upgrades.
[contact-form-7 id=”10125″ title=”KamBati Competition”]
AfriCamps at KamBati – a family friendly Swellendam getaway
AfriCamps at Kam’Bati is situated on an Overberg farm about 20km west of Swellendam and was the second of our 9 glamping locations throughout South Africa. The Sonderend and Breede Rivers meet on the property and our 5 luxury boutique glamping tents are located in a beautiful patch of forest close to the river. AfriCamps at Kam’Bati is a birder’s paradise and the perfect getaway for the adventurous family. Enjoy canoeing, mountain biking, and fishing or take the kids to the swimming pools and slides. A friendly putt-putt competition is also a must at AfriCamps at Kam’Bati. Now an outdoor wood-fired hot tub next to each tent provides the ultimate form of relaxation. Simply start the fire and let the design do the rest. The picturesque town of Swellendam is only a short drive away – bursting with heritage, culture, and architecture.
AfriCamps’ tents consist of two bedrooms, a spacious open plan lounge area with a comfortable couch and a fully equipped kitchen. The dining room area has a solid wooden table with enough seating for 5 people. For winter months the fireplace will be the perfect way to warm up the tent, creating a cosy setting for you and your loved ones.
Both bedrooms are furnished with a queen size bed and each bedroom has its own private entrance to the living area and bathroom, which allows maximum privacy. One of the bedrooms contains an extra single bunk bed, so the tent will comfortably sleep a family of 5. Our tents are equipped with an air conditioning unit to keep you cool during those hot summer nights and a private bathroom with a large hot shower, washbasin and flushing toilet – gone are the days of sharing ablution blocks.
The private wooden deck at the front of the tent comes with comfortable wooden loungers from where you can overlook the peaceful natural surroundings. At AfriCamps at Kam’Bati, this is the perfect bird watching spot. When days get warmer you can pull up the front covers and transform the tent into a spacious outdoor living area. Here you can unwind and appreciate a festive family breakfast while enjoying the beautiful weather and taking in the serene natural beauty of the landscape.
The Nitty Gritty Details
Two entrants will each win:
- Two nights’ complimentary stay for up to 5 people at AfriCamps at Kam’Bati in Swellendam
- An AfriCamps at Kam’Bati ‘cook-your-own’ breakfast basket for up to 5 guests on the morning of your choice including freshly baked bread or croissants, eggs, bacon, sausage, a freshly baked muffin, yoghurt, muesli, fresh seasonal fruit, juice, coffee, and milk
- Two bottles of Jakkalsvlei wine to enjoy during your stay
Terms and Conditions
- Entries to the competition open on Wednesday, 25 June 2019 and close on Tuesday, 9 July at 24:00
- Two winners will be selected by random draw on Wednesday, 10 July 2019
- The prize voucher has to be claimed and used before 6 December 2019. The voucher will not be valid after 5 December 2019
- The voucher is only valid for one stay of two consecutive nights
- The full prize to the value of R5500 cannot be exchanged for cash and no change will be given
- No pets are allowed
- The prize does not include transport
- Apart from the prize breakfast basket, our accommodation is on a self-catering basis. Additional cook-your-own breakfast and braai baskets can be pre-ordered at an additional cost when booking
- No AfriCamps or Kam’Bati River Resort employees or their affiliates are eligible to enter this competition
- Contestants must be 18 years or older to be eligible to win
- Only one entry per contestant is allowed for this competition
- The winners agree that AfriCamps may make their identity public
- The winners will be notified via the email address they provided and announced on social media
- The prize will be sent to the winners via email by no later than Friday 12 July 2019
- Normal terms and conditions apply for your booking