AFRICAMPS ROUTES (PTY) LTD is an organisation that complies with the laws of South Africa and recognises that a person’s constitutional right to privacy is of the utmost importance, therefore the protection of personal information of all persons we deal with are vital for sustainability and growth of our business.
Please be assured that we incorporate the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) into the everyday operations and ensure that these requirements are documented and implemented at AFRICAMPS ROUTES (PTY) LTD.
AFRICAMPS ROUTES (PTY) LTD and its employees shall adhere to this policy in the handling of all personal information received from, but not limited to natural persons, employees, clients, suppliers, agents, representatives and business partners to ensure compliance with this Act, applicable regulations and other rules relating to the protection of personal information.
AFRICAMPS ROUTES (PTY) LTD, confirms that we have familiarized ourselves with the content of POPIA, applicable regulations and other rules relating to the protection of personal information, and will strive to adhere to these requirements at all times.
In the daily operation of AFRICAMPS ROUTES (PTY) LTD and dealings with various persons, it follows that personal information could be processed in some of the following categories:
- Stakeholders, i.e. shareholders
- Governing bodies, i.e. directors
- Statutory bodies, i.e. SARS
- Public viewers, i.e. websites
The following general information is (or could be) collected from the parties above:
- Contact Details
- All labour related information.
- All client information relating to accounting, products, services in common.
- All vendor information relating to accounting, products, services in common.
- Information stakeholders could be interested in.
- Information governing bodies could be interested in.
- All Statutory information on which the Company is to report / act upon.
- Information destined for marketing and sales in future.
- Any other purpose not mentioned above, for holding information.
The information we collect
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose we will collect contact details including your name and contact details.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
We would like to send our existing clients electronic communication for purposes of marketing similar products or services. Please note that when making a booking there will be an option to consent to this, or not.
We will always give the opportunity to opt out at any time, as we always share the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our mailers.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
- Acceptance required
- For some services or goods it is required that you accept all the terms of this policy when. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not order our goods or request our services.
AFRICAMPS ROUTES (PTY) LTD is committed to protect the information as prescribed by POPIA and will at all times measure the risk of breach of POPIA and actively manage same on a daily basis.
If you have any questions or concerns arising from this privacy & personal information policy or the way in which we handle personal information, please contact us at:
Africamps Routes (PTY) Ltd
+27 (0)21 300 5694
General terms and conditions
Find our terms and conditions here